Hello and welcome to the New Year! I hope your holiday season was restful and refreshing, mine certainly was. Well before I get back into regular blogging, I thought I’d share a few highlights from my Christmas vacation so you can see where I’ve been the past few weeks.
1. Sister’s new table-top raclette grill. What a fun twist on fondue, to be able to grill the meat and veggies, and then pour on toasted cheese.
2. The newly remodeled Oakland Museum was a very interactive and fun look at California’s history. We went to see the Pixar exhibit which got me itching to get out my charcoal and pastels.
3. We went to get our pictures taken with the Giant’s World Series trophy which was on tour.
4. Hubbs and I had a special New Year’s Eve, and did our annual State of the Fitches review. What a wonderful time to reflect and record what God has done this past year, and to set out new goals for 2011. Its a great reminder that Prov 16:9 is true – we do plan our way, but its the Lord who establishes our steps. Here’s a helpful list of questions to consider as you think about the new year.
5. A tour of San Francisco’s biggest gingerbread houses. So impressive.
6. Fig and Pear Crisp for Mom’s birthday.
7. My sweet Hubbs made a beautiful tissue paper heart inside a tissue paper nest to wrap one of my Christmas presents. What a guy.